OT & ICU Facilities
We believe that it is our responsibility to promote good health services inside our country and in order to fulfill this vision we have established a semi-modular cardiac OT and fifteen bed capacity cardiac ICU with central oxygen and medical air supply, central vacuum suction facility, HEPA filter enabled laminar flow ventilation, central temperature and humidity control facility.
Our cardiac surgery equipment is state of the art machinery as follows:
Patient monitoring and support facilities in our CTVS ICU include:
Our separate OT & ICU store and pharmacy makes access to necessary medication and equipment very easy and efficient.
Ariana hospital has always strived to become the premier center in cardiac sciences in Afghanistan. In line with this commitment our top performing surgery resident doctor was selected to undergo training in cardiac surgery in Medanta-the Medicity in Gurgaon – India in 2013. We have also facilitated the training of paramedical staff for cardiac surgery in the meantime and after four years of planning we have managed to establish our CTVS department in May, 2017.
CTVS department headed by Dr. Khaiber Sidiqi have performed more than 300 successful open and closed heart surgeries till present in both adult and pediatric age group.
Our cardiac perfusion department is headed by Mohammad Iqbal Ansari, Indian citizen, who is one of the pioneers of cardiac perfusion in India and has more than 28 years of experience in this field. It is noteworthy that our chief perfusionist has committed to train young Afghan perfusionists as part of his work contract with Ariana hospital.
We believe that one of the main reasons for our very successful start to cardiac surgery has been the presence of qualified and dedicated paramedical staff in our OT and ICU, who have been hired from leading cardiac centers from Pakistan . Training young Afghan nurses in their respective fields are also part of their working contract.
Surgeon Profile Dr. Khaiber Sidiqi
Dr. Khaiber Sidiqi was born on 01/Jan/1983 and completed his high school in 2002. He joined Kabul Medical University in 2004 and graduated in 2010. After completion of 2 years of residency in general surgery at Jamhoryat hospital in Kabul, he went for 3 years fellowship training in cardiothoracic vascular surgery at Medanta Heart Institute in Gurgaon – India from 2013 till 2016. Upon completion of his training program in Medanta Heart Institute he was awarded the position of attending consultant and worked there till Jan, 2017. During his tenure he has participated in more than 1000 open and closed adult and pediatric cardiac surgeries in capacity of first assistant / operating surgeon. His expertise in adult and pediatric cardiac cases are as follows:
1) Closed Heart surgery – Close mitral valvotomy, Pericardiectomy, pericardial window
2) Coronary artery bypass grafting (On-pump & Off-pump)
4) Congenital cardiac malformation surgery – PDA, ASD, VSD, AV Septal defects, Tetralogy of Fallot – B.T. shunt, Intracardiac total Correction, BD Glenn operation, Fontan operation, Coarctation of Aorta repair.
5) Arrhythmia surgery – Maze procedure, Pulmonary vein isolation.
6) Mediastinal surgery – Mediastinal Tumor surgery – Thymectomy, Anterior / Middle / Posterior Mediastinal Masses, Thoracic duct ligation
7) Epicardial PPI or Permanent pacemaker implantation
8) Vascular surgery – Femoral Artery Pseudoaneurysm repair, IVC repair
9) Trauma Surgery – Chest wall Stab wound repair, lacerated wound of chest wall reconstruction, Tube thoracostomy etc
3) Valvular Surgery – Mitral / Aortic / Double valve replacement, Mitral / Tricuspid valve Repair.
Upon return to Afghanistan Dr. Sidiqi joined Ariana hospital as a consultant cardiac surgeon and has been instrumental in establishing the cardiothoracic vascular surgery department of Ariana hospital.