Surgeon Profile Dr. Khaiber Sidiqi
Dr. Khaiber Sidiqi was born on 01/Jan/1983 and completed his high school in 2002. He joined Kabul Medical University in 2004 and graduated in 2010. After completion of 2 years of residency in general surgery at Jamhoryat hospital in Kabul, he went for 3 years fellowship training in cardiothoracic vascular surgery at Medanta Heart Institute in Gurgaon – India from 2013 till 2016. Upon completion of his training program in Medanta Heart Institute he was awarded the position of attending consultant and worked there till Jan, 2017. During his tenure he has participated in more than 1000 open and closed adult and pediatric cardiac surgeries in capacity of first assistant / operating surgeon. His expertise in adult and pediatric cardiac cases are as follows:
1) Closed Heart surgery – Close mitral valvotomy, Pericardiectomy, pericardial window
2) Coronary artery bypass grafting (On-pump & Off-pump)
3) Valvular Surgery – Mitral / Aortic / Double valve replacement, Mitral / Tricuspid valve Repair.
4) Congenital cardiac malformation surgery – PDA, ASD, VSD, AV Septal defects, Tetralogy of Fallot – B.T. shunt, Intracardiac total Correction, BD Glenn operation, Fontan operation, Coarctation of Aorta repair.
5) Arrhythmia surgery – Maze procedure, Pulmonary vein isolation.
6) Mediastinal surgery – Mediastinal Tumor surgery – Thymectomy, Anterior / Middle / Posterior Mediastinal Masses, Thoracic duct ligation
7) Epicardial PPI or Permanent pacemaker implantation
8) Vascular surgery – Femoral Artery Pseudoaneurysm repair, IVC repair
9) Trauma Surgery – Chest wall Stab wound repair, lacerated wound of chest wall reconstruction, Tube thoracostomy etc
Upon return to Afghanistan Dr. Sidiqi joined Ariana hospital as a consultant cardiac surgeon and has been instrumental in establishing the cardiothoracic vascular surgery department of Ariana hospital.