Ultrasonography department was established in 2008 and has the ability to perform the ultrasonography and Doppler for diagnosis of Abdominal organs and peripheral and other organs, from the biggening it was known as referral center for difficult cases.
Ultrasonography department has professional doctors and is providing services 24/7
During last one decade this department has the following academic programs for doctors and specialists through the country.
- Neck ultrasound (Thyroid gland, neck lymph nodes, & additional structures ….)
- Chest ultrasound (breast masses, pleura, thymus gland ….)
- Abdominal ultrasound (liver, spleen, pancreases, kidneys, , abdominal lymph nodes, peritoneal fluids and abnormal structures ….)
- Pelvic ultrasound ( Uterus,Ovaris, prostate, urinary bladder, Semi vesicle,…)
- Fetal well-being ultrasound (pregnancy, normal fetus evaluation….)
- Endo- Vaginal ultrasound (female internal genital organs….)
- Carotid Doppler (carotid artery stenosis, aneurysms….)
- Peripheral vascular Doppler (evaluation of arterial, venous system of hands and legs….)
- Liver Doppler( vasculature and vein …)
- Kidney Doppler (arterial supply of both kidneys….)
- Abdominal aorta Doppler (evaluation of abdominal aorta aneurysms, stenosis and dissections….)
Diagnostic ultrasound, also called sonography or diagnostic medical sonography, is an imaging method that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of structures within your body. The images can provide valuable information for diagnosing and treating a variety of diseases and conditions.
Most ultrasound examinations are done using an ultrasound device outside your body, though some involve placing a device inside your body( endo esophageal ,endovaginall,…)