Ariana Medical Complex is a super specialty hospital striving to provide “quality health care with affordable cost”. Ariana Medical complex has established the surgical department since it’s establishment, it was one of the most important pillar of Ariana Hospital with modern technological facilities and well-qualified surgeons. In 2016 Ariana Medical Hospital has started Laparoscopic surgery and till now it is continued. General surgery is a discipline that requires knowledge for preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patients with a broad spectrum disease, including those which may require non operative, elective, or emergency surgical treatment.
This department is recognized nationally as referral center because of its expertise and its infra structure. General and laparoscopic surgery department has close coordination with other departments of Ariana medical complex in treatment and management of complex cases.
To be the national referral surgical and academic center in Afghanistan. And the leading provider of complex surgical care.
Provide high quality surgery care for everyone at any time through innovation, world class research, and training the next generation of surgical health care professionals.
Procedures which can be done by General and Laparoscopic Surgery Dep:
- Assessment and treatment of trauma patients.
- skin surgeries.
- Endocrine surgery for thyroid, adrenal and breast.
- Upper gastrointestinal tract surgeries include; the esophagus and stomach
- Hepatobiliary surgery such liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas.
- Colorectal surgery such (small intestine, large intestine, rectum and anal canal)
- Hernia surgeries.
- Burn management.
- Emergency and selective abdominal surgeries.
- Laparoscopic surgeries for Gall bladder, Appendix, Hernia, cysts and diagnostic laparoscopy